I am not one for writing New Year’s resolutions, but as I sit here drinking my rose tea (all you need is rose buds, hot water and a bit of sugar!), I cannot help but think that my life needs a bit of organization. There are always things that I say I will do but would never actually do. This school year, I started writing lists and that has helped me achieve a lot of my daily goals. By sharing my New Year’s Resolution on my blog platform, I hope to actually accomplish all that I say I will. Keeping an optimistic mind, there are 366 days to accomplish all that I set out to accomplish in 2012.
- Post a new blog post at least once a week. This means that by the end of the year, I should have written approximately 52 posts in 2012.
- Have quiet time with God every night. Some may be asking why, but for me to grow further spiritually, effort and time needs to be spent reading scripture. Contrary to popular belief, things don’t come easy.
- Read one book every month. This is so my brain doesn’t turn into mush by the end of 2012.
- Sew two dresses to wear for an evening or casual gala function. Just because I can and haven’t done so in several years.
- Work in a communications office in Toronto for the summer. Anyone know anyone hiring?
- Improve my academic standing. Let’s see more A’s!!!
- Work during the 2012-2013 school year without sacrificing my school work. So I can save enough for a year end trip to Europe.
- Sign up for an actual Hart House exercise class. Even though I swim at least once a week, I want to keep my health fitness consistent. Good habits start early!
- Be more adventurous and go hang out with friends more often. To spend more quality time with friends and to also learn more about what is out there.
- Use Twitter more often as a networking platform. There are millions of users! If I can meet a footballing star, I can meet other people too!
- Expand my writing. So I am writing on other platforms, other blogs, and entering contests and competition.
- Be adventurous with my baking. Although dessert from a box tastes amazing, baking from scratch gives more possibilities.
- Listening better to other people. There is listening to people, then there is paying attention listening to people. There is so much to gain by listening to what others have to say.
- Write a business proposal. For my future business. It doesn’t matter if the business actually starts up or not, but I have to start somewhere.
- Find a learning opportunity in everything I do. No matter how much I hate what I’m doing at the moment.
That’s about all I have for now! There may or may not be changes to this. But as of January 1, 2012 00:00, I am going to accomplish everything on this list in 366 days.
What are some items on your New Year’s Resolution? Please share them on Twitter and link me(@YvoYeungGirl)! HAPPY NEW YEAR!