Like I said a year ago, I’m not one for writing new year’s resolutions. However, it seems that there is a better possibility of me completing my resolutions when I write them down somewhere. I wasn’t able to complete all my resolutions of 2012, but here are some of the ones I want to tackle this year! Some are a repeat of last years, but hey, somethings just aren’t meant to be done for one year!
- Post one blog post a week. With my job actually related to posting blogs, this will be easier to achieve. But let’s also try to write once a week for this blog.
- Have quiet time with God every night. Cause really, when will my relationship with God ever end? Like every good relationship, it needs work!
- Read a book once a month. There are a lot of great stories in the world to be read. Any suggestions?
- Keeping healthy. Everyone has exercise and diet on their NYRs but let’s make it something bigger. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what you look like (because we can’t all be size 00s) as long as you know you are healthy by eating well and exercising lots. My goal this year is to never feel like a couch potato or bloated like Harry Potter’s Aunt Marge and hydrating lots with water.
- Try a new kind of food. I love eating, but there are some things I haven’t tried yet. Depending on where I go, I want to try a local food. I hear crickets are delicious. Apparently they taste like shrimp but more game-y.
- Take time for myself. Too often we are wrapped up with doing something for someone else and forget to take care of ourselves. It may sound selfish, but I am going to do yoga, meditate and learn to say “no” more often. Being able to focus and know yourself will actually help you help other people.
- Learn to budget. Does this really need explaining? As a business student, I am abysmal at budgeting, so this year, Excel might just become my new BFF.
- Use Photoshop. A useful skill to have. I’ve been trying since I was 10. Maybe 2013 will be the year that it actually sticks.
- Volunteer my time for others. I used to volunteer all the time in high school, but when I volunteered every time in university,I felt like I did it to gain something. Let’s just volunteer for the sake of volunteering and helping other people.
- Enjoy nature. Every city I go to becomes more and more like a concrete jungle each passing day. Why not enjoy the walks in the rain; walks in the park; and a hike out of the city? The quiet and peace of nature will clear the head of city troubles.
There are a bunch of other things I would love to do, not on this list. But let’s take it one day at a time. It is crucial to live each day to its fullest. The ultimate resolution: Each day is its own day. Live it as if it was my last day.
What are some of your resolutions for the new year? Need a gym buddy, a tea sommelier or even someone to go experience the ballet? I’m up for anything this year! Just tweet me @YvoYeungGirl if you find you need someone to try something new or different!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!