The day has finally come! This will be the first time in five years that I have travelled overseas. This time, I will be travelling to the other side of the Pacific Ocean. I don’t really know what to feel, excited, a little nervous, and a whole lot of anticipation.
I haven’t been back to Hong Kong in 12 years! A lot has changed and there will be a lot to see and a lot that I am excited to discover. There will also be a short trip to Korea in between. There will be weddings, tourist attractions, a lot of sight-seeing, food and food, and more food.
I don’t know what to expect but here are some cool and interesting facts:
1. Hong Kong has more Rolls Royce’s per person than any other city in the world.
2. Hong Kong has the most skyscrapers in the world. Double that of the next city with the most skyscrapers: New York City.
3. Hong Kong was taken over in 1842 by the British (when it was a tiny fishing village with lots of potential) and reunified with China as a Special Areas Region on July 1, 1997.
4. There is a BUN festival every year between April and May.
5. Dai Pai Dong are popular and common Fast Food Noodle Stands scattered all across the city. (and will be where I spend most of my meals).
6. The Tsing Ma Bridge is the longest road and rail suspension bridge in the world.
There are lots to see and i shall see how much I can conquer in two weeks! Stay tuned for more from my Travel Bug series.